Monday, September 1, 2014

hello there September

"It was a bright blue day in September " 
the hundred dresses


Every little girl in the entire world should read the hundred dresses.... Amazing is an understatement.
I kept thinking about it as I was walking around running errands today-the book starts with a walk to the first day of school underneath a bright blue September sky.
 I've got a good feeling about September, but then how could you not? Did you have a good labor day? Mine consisted of some reading, french toast, planning some stuff, and finishing the second season of The Killing...pretty wonderful way to spend a day not working in my book.

I also read a great blog post today by my talented friend Sarah. In this post she writes about feeling unstable and facing the unknown-it's something I know I needed to read what is your price? 
Did I mention before she left for her African adventure she made a record? I'm all "I hope I make it to work on time...I'm hungry."

Also a random food for thought kind of moment 
 I noticed the internet exploded with photos of Jennifer Lawrence today- I love Lena Dunham's bold words on the matter:
 "Remember, when you look at these pictures you are violating these women again and again. It's not okay" 

so here we go September-I'm a blank page. 

No comments:

Post a Comment