Saturday, September 13, 2014

that one time




I tried yoga.
I can't believe it either.
Know what is even worse than me trying it? I kind of loved it.  I know, I know! I'm just as shocked as you are! Okay so here is how this went down...

Part 1: I decided that my only goal this year would be to break out of my comfort zone and conquer fears that hold me back. (blah blah Oprah blah).

Part 2: I went home last week, and long story short realized that my health is important. I realized I'm not actually sixteen anymore. My body is something to be thankful for and conscious of-It was sort of a wake up call to take better care of myself. NOW, I am not saying that I will now be a track runner or a vegan! this is ME after all...but I can be better. My goal isn't to be the size I was in high-school or to stop eating bread, but to be strong. I want to feel strong.

 

 (Here I am eating the best sandwich and hot dog of my life in Paris!)


Part 3: This blog ain't called calm like a bomb for nothing! That is me you guys! I am calm...like a bomb. It turns out your mental health is just as important as your physical health! You see, my entire life I had play rehearsal. I had a wonderful outlet for stress all of the time! Until... I didn't. I began to venture away from theater and into this new world of film, and truly didn't know how to live without those rehearsals ruling my life. That combined with graduating from college without a steady plan made my anxiety soar.

and all of these things led me to yoga class tonight

I'm so intimidated by exercise classes because I never take them. Yoga seemed challenging enough, but mainly focused on meditation and breathing. It's quiet and peaceful and slow moving.  At one point I felt ridiculous in class...like I was playing twister, but when I left I had no tension in my back and no thoughts racing through my mind.
pretty much a miracle.  so I signed up for a few more- we will see if this sticks- but it's a step right?

No comments:

Post a Comment