Sunday, August 31, 2014

coming straight from the heart


life can be kind of rough to say the least, when I've fallen I reach for sweet scenes-here are scenes from my favorite movies with love from me to you... if you feel a little down you should watch all of these films, but if you don't have time for that then at least watch one scene

1) Blue Valentine
when my favorite Ryan Gosling (Dean) "happens" to see Michelle Williams (Cindy) on the bus-He had been to the retirement home to ask about her because he can't stop thinking about her and it's raining-she wasn't there so he leaves and then on his way home, she gets on the same bus and  a perfect rainbow comes out!! Apparently it literally happened as they were filming this scene-it is one of the sweetest things I've ever watched in a movie.
also in this movie (can you tell I love it?)
the scene where they spend all night getting to know each other, and he sings a song that will set the tone for their life together-it makes me believe in true love y'all.

2) Rear Window
Grace Kelly's introduction-she enters the dark apartment and slowly begins to turn on three lamps, as she says her name you start to see how stunning she is and she quite literally lights up a room-it's the most feminine, stylish, sophisticated thing I've ever seen



3)Sweet Home Alabama
well as a southerner in New York I had to list this one-when Melanie cries and talks to Jake in the coon dog cemetery. it will break anybody's heart, it is the sweetest, most genuine conversation...and they are sitting beside a dog's grave. COME ON. sweet home alabama!

4)The Greatest
The greatest is in fact the greatest. The end of the movie is spectacular-when the family finally starts telling Carey Mulligan all about her boyfriend's life when he was alive specifically "his first word was WOW"-I DIE. I just fall apart...like can.not.stop.crying. and the song "these lovin' arms" by The Wood Brothers is playing OMGAH it is the greatest. and then she has her baby, and she holds it up in the window! Just watch it-I don't know why no one seems to have heard of this movie.
 

 5)Almost Famous
I saved the best for last. This movie in my opinion... is the best movie in the whole world period end of story-the scene I have chosen is Kate Hudson (Penny Lane's) monologue at the rv stop when she discovers Russ sold her for beer. It is the reason I chose to stay in acting- I watched this my senior year of high school, and thought I have to do that. She goes on this ride-the camera never moves from her face and she laughs and she cries and she is so beautiful and hurt-man oh man. If you've ever been hurt by a dumb guy just watch this scene. It is amazing. LIKE AMAZING.

the other one I must mention is about 5 sec. long-she is dancing on an empty stage and it's the purest thing ever caught on camera-the song playing in the background sings "where I'll end up where I'm going only God really knows"



No comments:

Post a Comment