Monday, August 11, 2014

O' Captain! My Captain!

words can not express the heartbreak I feel tonight-


the entire world just lost someone special- depression is real, and it can happen to anyone... no matter what gender or race...regardless if you are talented or ordinary.  I got the news in acting class-ironic since I saw Dead Poets Society at age 13, in my very first acting class. I had seen Mrs. Doubtfire and Aladdin,  which are exceptional, but this movie impacted me so much as a performer, as well as, a person. I was personally struggling with a deep depression at 13-I watched a movie about a young man who saw no way out but through death-it changed my entire perception on suicide. Over the years, I fell in love with each performance he gave-Good Will Hunting, Jack, 1 hour photo, and Patch Adams are favorites of mine. I plan on watching all his great works over the course of this week. My prayers and love go out to his family, and those who are struggling with inner demons. I sincerely hope he has peace tonight, and feels the love that the world is pouring out.


No comments:

Post a Comment