Sunday, July 6, 2014

Around Here


Around here....
I am trying to catch up on some new albums out right now-listening to Lana Del Rey and Lykke Li consistently like all the moody girls should. 
I'm so in love with this song. 
especially the words "yeah my boyfriend's pretty cool, but he's not as cool as me."
does it get any better than that statement? NO, it doesn't. really. great sentence-
think about it.


 

by the way...hope you had a wonderful 4th!
I went to a sweet little BBQ in Brooklyn with good people, and then watched the fireworks over the East River. I couldn't have hoped for a better first holiday in my new city.
 It was though, I must say... oddly.. COLD. The fourth of July-yes Independence Day-was windy and cold! So much so that people were wrapped in quilts as the fireworks exploded overhead. It was strange. 
We played a few great games of water balloon toss, but as the sun started to set it got incredibly competitive! No one wanted to get wet, because sitting in a damp t-shirt in the wind was miserable! It should have been a welcome relief from the heat, but no luck there. 
STILL it was a great night-did I mention we ended with sparklers? 

Here's a couple snaps  - 


  






 



No comments:

Post a Comment