Thursday, June 12, 2014

keep in mind


 Shailene Woodley has been criticized by the media over the past few months about her healthy lifestyle, views on Feminism, and recently the decision to appear nude in a film. I just finished her interview with instyle mag, and I honestly loved a lot of what she said. I wasn't expecting to take much away-personally I think we all place too much emphasis on what celebrities are saying most of the time.

I have a tendency to be hyper critical of myself. I can be obsessive about body image, the way my voice sounds, seeing myself on camera, choosing my words wisely, overthinking the future, placing too much emphasis on people's thoughts of me etc. I've been working on being kind to myself this year. I don't always get it right- but I am trying to stop negative thoughts, and focus my energy instead on meaningful things. This interview was a good example of keeping things in perspective and living each day with a positive intention.

When asked how she preps for the red carpet-"Get in a bath and look at your body and be like, Wow, thank you so much for hosting my mind and my heart."
shouldn't we all do this?


I also read  this letter  a mother wrote her daughter forever ago and I still love it. 



Lastly, Audrey Hepburn a.k.a. the freaking queen said- "For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness; and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone." 




 I guess these are just some things to keep in mind...
 I'm really lucky to have such a supportive boyfriend... He is the best.







No comments:

Post a Comment