Tuesday, June 17, 2014

12:55 a.m.

Hello late night crowd!

I'm pretty tired, but not sleepy...know what I mean? My brain kind of buzzes and every thought I pushed out in the light of day, comes to the surface in one giant wave.  It doesn't help that my room is warm right now-my fans are struggling to beat the humidity accumulated while I was away at work. It's too noisy on the street to sleep with the windows open, so I'm kicking off all blankets and piling my hair on the top of my head. 
 I'm tired but not sleepy, and thinking about all the stuff happening here far away from my sweet Mississippi. 

New York is still surreal sometimes-I tried on wedding dresses yesterday at work for fun and today I saw quite a few celebrities. I broke my first pair of shoes from all the walking- a true "I live here" moment for me. I saw the cutest, friendliest dog I've ever seen (except for my own) at a coffee shop that makes the best cupcakes I've ever eaten. Someone on a whim read my tarot cards today-a first for me, and I got a pretty perfect set of cards. The weather today was really really perfect, and all over Brooklyn you could hear people celebrating USA's dramatic win. At the risk of sounding cliche-Days here are either so so high or desperately low-I've never been anywhere else quite like it.

There's been a video of Shonda Rhime's commencement going around the internet-it's great, especially if you like "grey's anatomy"-sounds a lotttt like an izzie steven's speech. My biggest take away was she said "be a doer not a dreamer". I am realizing the importance of those words each day I attempt to find my dream here. So, that's my plan this week...DO. When in doubt keep doing. 

And since it's time for bed I'll leave you with a song. 
goodnight xo

No comments:

Post a Comment