Monday, October 27, 2014

around here lately

 
Last Friday night I went to see"This Is Our Youth"at The Cort Theatre! I still can't get over it you guys! I never go to see shows in the city, which is ridiculous and a waste, so when the opportunity to see some of my favorite actors arose I was thrilled. The play is very well written, combining humor with melancholy seamlessly in each scene. 
Also, totally had a pinch me moment with Michael Cera...
I refrained from screaming, "I love you Paulie Bleeker!" 
but I wanted to the entire time...He was dreamy.
I also met the amazing Kieran Culkin, one of the most talented performers I've ever seen, annnd 
a long time personal hero of mine... Tavi Gevinson! 




They were both the NICEST.


The play is amazing! (especially the final scene)  
if you have a chance to go you really should-I wouldn't mind going again!

In other news... someone took their very first subway ride all the way out to Central Park! 


I was worried he would panic because the subway is even scary for people-but he rode like a true city dog. He even fell asleep on the way home!


He couldn't have loved Central Park more! We walked alllll of itttt. 
He chased the birds, played with little, fancy dogs, and ran up every hill as fast as he could. 
There's an episode of I Love Lucy called "Nursery School" that I now totally relate too.


Lucy: After breakfast I put on his snowsuit. I pull on his galoshes. I slip on his mittens. I walk him to the park. He chases pigeons. I chase after him. He runs after the squirrels. I run after him. He gets on the swing. I push the swing. We go on the teeter totter. He teeters. I totter. Then we leave the park and we walk home. I pull off his galoshes. I pull off his mittens. I pull off his snowsuit. I fix his lunch. I put him down for his nap and he sleeps for a whole half hour.
 
Ricky: Well that sounds very...
 
Lucy: After his nap I put on his snowsuit. I pull on his galoshes. I put on his mittens. We walk back to the park. He chases the pigeons. I chase after him. He runs after the squirrels. I run after him. He gets on the swing. I push the swing. We get on the teeter totter. He teeters and by now I'm really tottering. We leave the park and walk home. I pull off his galoshes. I pull off his mittens. I pull off his snowsuit. I tell him to go in his room and play with his teddy bear. And that is why you find my sitting here with my coat and my boots on.
 
Ricky: Wow.
 
Lucy: What's the matter with you?
 
Ricky: I'm worn out from just listening.







No comments:

Post a Comment