Tuesday, October 14, 2014

a little southern visit

My mother and aunt are here for a visit this week, and I'm over the moon about it! Help me convince them to stay won't you? My evil plan is to convince every person I care about to live with me- I mean, it's totally doable.

 Today we went to a local Williamsburg spot for lunch-it's called egg.  It is sooooo so soooo good. Have I mentioned they serve tea? They have real, southern approved sweet iced tea.

(these were emptied about three minutes after this photo was taken.)


I love the minimalism inside egg-it's all crisp white walls, and simple wooden chairs. Today, they played a lot of Marty Robbins, and we all had pretty classic American staples for lunch. My fries were to die for! I have a togo box full of fries in the fridge for midnight tonight....



The best thing about egg by far is they provide you with crayons...um HELLO.
I drew all over our table, and loved every minute of it.


 


My aunt Gigi won the artwork prize for her portrait of Elvis! Although, I did like my love note to Ryan Gosling...you never know if he will sit at the same table after I've gone....
 


so happy to have these women in town


No comments:

Post a Comment