Thursday, May 22, 2014

"sleep will not come because sleep does not will it"

confession time...I am an awful sleeper. I think it's best if I share some of my professional "I can't sleep" tips for having a good night! Also, I've included a soundtrack for us all.
"if you can't sleep"

To begin: DO NOT FREAK OUT.
 "I'm so tired" 
for some stupid reason since the very beginning of time, we humans assume not sleeping means our brain is on fire. Whatever is bothering you that day must somehow amplify at night..SO.. I say to you- DO NOT FREAK OUT. It honestly will look better in the morning.  It will!

Second: Okay, this one is a little controversial...Be productive. Yep, I said it.
 tossing and turning   
If I'm already wide awake why just lay there feeling weird? Do something until you feel sleepy. I suggest cleaning your room, pinterest, make some scrambled eggs with salsa, watch a movie, watch the interviews on how that movie came to be, online shop (DANGEROUS), plan out a surprise present in the mail for a pal, listen to a record, write, read, read, read, or if all else fails call your friend that never sleeps either and laugh because everyone is delusional at 2 a.m. and this conversation is hilarious. 

I leave you with this: think up names that are in the bible in alphabetical order. My grandmother gave me this gem because she knows counting sheep is lame. This game is HARD because everyone in the bible has got a funky name.
 p.s. you won't make it to Z it gets boring
"go to sleep"







No comments:

Post a Comment