Thursday, November 6, 2014

November

"My heart is dancin' to a November tune and I hope that you hear it singin songs about you.."

"November Blue"
Avett Brothers




It's November...let's all be thankful. November gets so overlooked because everyone is on the Christmas train. I'm going to try my hardest to soak up these last fall days! I'm also attempting to share one thing I'm very thankful for each week in November :) let's get cheesy!



Tonight I'm thankful for my neighborhood.

I walk Elvis each morning on yellow leaf covered streets...my next door neighbors wave and say good morning from their stoops. I see the woman across the street sweeping her walkway as her husband has a cigarette with his morning coffee. We walk past the flower shop (where someone is always doing some sort of construction) and pass preschoolers wearing hats and bubble jackets walking with Mom or Dad to school. We head past the old church and into the park-we are greeted by lots of puppy friends big and small. After every squirrel has been chased,  I gather up a reluctant Elvis and drag him out of the park passing the 3rd and 4th graders who walk  to school with their friends and secretly practice cuss words. We take a stroll down Jefferson street and watch the birds hop along the fence posts, then round the corner and walk up four steps into a warm apartment.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment