Wednesday, November 19, 2014

New York, New York the city so nice they named it twice!


my fortune cookie tonight everybody...


it sort of says it all....

so the thing is...
New York is spectacular on a good day, and ridiculously draining on a bad one. I have reached the stage where I'm officially  a resident of this city. I'm not on an endless vacation anymore.

 I'm more aware of money or the lack thereof  and what my next step is with acting and how hard it is to find a job here period and boring five year plans and who I let into my life and I know where to eat and not to eat and I have a dog and I have real friends not fake acquaintances and I don't get lost on the subway so much anymore.

 I feel like no matter who you ask they will say "you know if you can live here after about 1 month... you either love it or you hate it." New York is a lesson in extremes...so this month like every other one has been full of ups and downs. I'm realizing without my knowing it, Brooklyn has sort of become my home, or something? How did that happen? How did I meet my neighbors? How did I start cooking with my roommates, and develop a day to day routine? How do I not break down on my bad days? How do I go longer in between visits home?

This is the first holiday I will celebrate away from the south, but thankfully (ha) I have been invited several places for Thanksgiving this year. It is amazing how many good people I have found here. It is amazing how once you do, you cling to them with all of your might-I guess this month is as my cookie said a time of change. I'm going to try really hard to welcome change. I'm going to be really thankful for this crazy place and all of the people in it. It's so easy to become calloused here-to go so hard all day without looking up and asking how someone else is doing-I don't want to get sucked into that. I want to embrace these extremes and ride them out as they come. (easier said than done)
cause you know what? One day I'm going to be so bored, and I'm going to miss this time. I'm going to miss the endless frustration of this city.  I'm going to miss not knowing what happens next, and waiting for the next person around the corner.

long story short-I'm thankful for my little world today x

No comments:

Post a Comment