Saturday, April 4, 2015

working on it

working on the new apartment every day-it's such a fun process to make a home feel cozy and safe.
here's some pictures of my work in progress


I wanted a very vintage inspired couch, and I was able to find this one on sale at urban outfitters. I love it! It is very small-perfect for a New York apartment, but really comfortable. It also folds out into a bed, which helps a lot when visitors come through town :) It's hard to see clearly here, but it is in fact green!

I am a huge collector of all kinds of artwork. I found this Brooklyn print, and then ended up taking an old window and making it into the frame. Everyone who comes over immediately loves this print-how could you not?


my favorite print sits by the door-it is the motto of my home



one thing that can transform any apartment is what I call "moments"
I don't have much space so I use little corners to make mine-here is my "mail moment" ha
I got the mail plate from Kate Spade and the lamp is Anthropologie-also as a general rule of thumb I always have fresh flowers inside. It brightens up the entire room. 




I also included a Audrey moment in my bedroom...


I kept the kitchen pretty simple-all I really do is switch the tea towels out from time to time. I also like to personalize the fridge with polaroids-sometimes apartments can come off very cold because there are only so many ways you can personalize. It's important to utilize every opportunity.



a calendar was needed to keep track of when bills are due and when roommates are out of town-I found this one at paper source and I love it! It really brightens up the room, and the gold hardware helps things to not look so thrown together.
the smallest details always seem to make the biggest difference

my biggest obsession by far is RUGS. I could buy them all day-they truly warm up and change the space in an instant. I've had this one since I moved to New York-I love it in my bedroom to add in color. It sits under my vanity and bed.

Did I say vanity? More like make shift vanity-I have to be really creative to meet all my needs in this space-I double use a dresser as a vanity, and I keep makeup and personal items on floating shelves.


I use antlers to hold Elvis' leash and collars. They work perfectly and again add a little more color to the room.

last stop on the tour is my room!

The fire escape makes Elvis very nervous-this is his mom get inside now face.





and that's all I have so far! for rooms that inspire me you can check out my pinterest page!

No comments:

Post a Comment